Thursday, January 10, 2008

Teachers Lounge

The teachers gathered today in the teachers lounge for a pre-term potluck. The dishes that some people brought were rather . . . . shall we just say that I had to cast a new spell - limpie el alimento - a spell to cleanse the food from doing me harm after ingested! Millicent Brockelhurst, who will be teaching Transfiguration, brought the most wonderful dish to the potluck! I hope that she'll share the recipe with us soon. She arrived rather flustered because she'd only left her home this morning and barely made it to the potluck. She's subbing - I do hope the students will be easy on her.

I think the teachers are almost as excited as the students! I have to share a bit of a confession, though. I know that the previous Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Snape, is somewhat of a bad boy, but I wish that he was here, teaching again. I truly mourned Snape's departure from this world. Maybe he'll come back to haunt Hogwarts? We could only be so fortunate.

The new Potions teacher is rather yummy, though! His name is Crispin Black. But, listen to me!! Bad, Mandy! I . . . must . . . focus . . . on . . . teaching! That's what they hired me for. Not to ogle at all the fabulously gorgeous wizards!

I do have to say that classes can start none too soon! Maybe then I'll be able to focus on the curriculum so that my students will not be lead astray in the area of preparing their kits. That's it! Must stay focused! I'm off to my office to do a little more research for my class. Until next time!


1 comment:

Emma Wigworthy said...

Hilarious! I too hold a secret admiration for Professor Snape (may he rest in peace). Don't tell Mr. Wigworthy!