Sunday, January 13, 2008

Creating Lesson Plans

It was so beautiful outside the last two days. Many of the students were celebrating their last few days of freedom before classes officially start for the new term. There's been an incredible buzz going around because many of the students have been matched with a partner for the upcoming knitting swap and they are ever so excited to put these kits together. I've been given a lovely Gryffindor, but I want to keep my identity in the dark, so I will not mention names here.

I've spent many hours over the last two days couped up in the library, though I did sneak a few books out under Mrs. Pince's nose so that I could sit outside and enjoy the sun.

Here's the lesson plan that I've come up with for the next 11 weeks of class:

Swapping on a Budget
Communication
Choosing a Bag
Making Stitch Markers
The Needles
Something Magical
Finding Yarn
The Pattern
Creative Extras
Packing the Box
Angel Packages

I do hope that the students in my class will be able to concentrate. It appears that Mr. Black has created quite a stir on school grounds.

3 comments:

Jade Bladvak said...

Please don't tell my Mum (she excelled in Charms and fully expects me to do the same), but this is the class I am most looking forward to this term!

Antonio dela Weasley said...

Hello Professor Finch-Fletchley,

I wanted to thank you for your lovely note welcoming me to the Hufflepuff house. My dad was a Hufflepuff as well and I'm very proud to be one also.

I'm looking forward to start of classes. I do hope I will be taking potions from Professor Black.

Toni

CentyB said...

Thanks for letting me take a peek at your teaching plan - it seems you've covered all the bases. I did mean to ask if you knew which house Professor Black is in - do you know?

Centy/Professor Brocklehurst