Thursday, January 3, 2008

Good Morning!

Everyone must bundle up! Today's high has proclaimed to be a brisk 3 degrees celsius. I have yet to head back to work after our short little holiday and whilst at home I've been knitting up a storm! Hats, gloves, but alas! No socks.

In my web travels I've come across some very interesting items to add to the kit and thought that I would mention just one of them here:

Jenny's Cards and Books has a lovely assortment of various Potter themed cards!


And if you click on the card it will take you to a lovely quiz where you can find out what your patronus is. My patronus is:

The WOLF, the wolf a noble creature that finds comfort in packs as well as by its self. Its bravery, cunning, and stealth are unmatched. This patronus can take out dementors one by one with its Razor sharp claws and strong jaw. It is a most noble and formidable patronus.

I was visiting Emma Wigworthy's blog this morning and she mentioned how Dobby would have had the time of his life participating the the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap! Now I am determined to add a little something in tribute of Dobby to my package this time around. When I had heard of Dobby's death I cried and cried for the lose of such a zealous Elf! Stories of Dobby still reach far and wide to this day!

1 comment:

Emma Wigworthy said...

I think a tribute to Dobby is a beautiful idea - such honourable wishes clearly mark you out as the Hufflepuff you are! How about we knit a pair of Dobby socks to be a prize? In England there is a long tradition of school prizes being donated in honour of past pupils and staff (and although he was 'below stairs' Dobby was a member of the Hogwarts staff). 'Charmed Knits' has some good sock patterns we could use.