Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Choosing a Bag


Well, students, it appears that I took a long weekend after all my . . . eh-hem 'time' spent with Professor Black last week. Time just got away from me.

I'm sure by now many of you have chosen the bag that you are going to make for your pal, so you can tune me out. But, no working on your potions in this class!!!

In my HSKS research I've seen a number of different bags. Many of the bags were rather small, but some were the size of a medium sized purse. The nice thing about this swap is you can either be industrious and knit a bag or you can go the quicker route and sew the bag. Most of all, don't stress about the bag too much. You want a bag that will hold the necessities for a sock project, so make sure that a hank of yarn, needles, stitch markers, and pattern will fit in the bag. In a couple of days I'll share with you some patterns that I was able to dig up and think are more than appropriate for this swap.

1 comment:

Lavender Diggory said...

I love that bag. Where can I get the pattern?